Sunday, March 24, 2013

Where are they now!? - Caitlin Shishido

Collin Lab October 2010 - August 2011



I am originally from Wailuku, Hawaii. In 2009 I graduated from the University of Puget Sound (B.S.) and joined the Collin Lab in as an intern in October 2010!

While I was with the lab I worked on a project on "Particle Capture and Ingestion Abilities in Calyptraeid Gastropods with Different Modes of Development"

Check out my YouTube video!



Now, I'm a 2nd year master's student at the University of Washington's School of Marine and Environmental Affairs in Seattle, WA, USA. For my thesis I am creating an assessment of carbon draw-down potential by the native eelgrass Zostera marina in Puget Sound. From the data collected, I will begin to create a model in order to predict how Z. marina carbon uptake changes each year under different environmental conditions. This is important for use in restoration projects and to predict how sea grass communities respond to change in climate.


             

No comments:

Post a Comment